Your wedding is coming up. What have you got to say in your speech to make this occassion a memorable one for both you and your new bride without sounding too cheesy or annoying? For some, this might be a hard one as not everyone can face a crowd. But hey! you’ve got to do this.
It’s easier to go along the lines and norm of others but you truly want to make your speech unique, fresh, romantic and with humour. So what do you do?
Start preparing your speech well before the wedding . Don’t take cues from popular love lyrics like ” Jumoke, anything i do, i do it or you.. or something along the lines of ” Rosie, I was born to make you happy” Make your own original words and write from your appreciative heart and love for your wife.
These are some guidelines in writing your speech but ofcourse you can always add a twist to this.
- Depending on your faith, you can start by thanking God for making this day come true.
- Then give thanks to your new father and mother -in-law for their blessings or speech and for giving you their beautiful daughter
- Give thanks to your parent for their loving support to you and your wife.
- Tell a brief story of how you met, when you knew you were in love with your wife and how you proposed to her
- Tell your guests what she means to you , complimenting her attributes.
- Thank your guests for making it to your wedding and for their wonderful gifts
- Give thanks to your best man for all his effort and support before, during and after the wedding
- Acknowledge the bridesmaids fo their help and support,the page boy and other family relatives who where able to make it
- Acknowledge guests who have probably travelled far to attend your wedding and wish them safe journey back home.
Don’t forget to always use the words “We” or “My wife and I” when thanking guests and others. Do not use any foul langauage no matter how funny it is. Before the wedding make copies of your speech incase you lose the original, practice and practice infront of your friends to make your speech more natural , do not make mentioned of your ex-girlfriends at all during the speech or even at the wedding. Do not make your speech too long as your guest will start getting impatient and distracted. Make eye contact with one person at a time while speaking. Do not poke fun at friends or families who could not make the wedding. Stay positive, when you feel nervous just look at your wife and SMILE!!
June 11, 2015
May 21, 2015